Training and Development
Talentspace specialises in designing and delivering integrated leadership development programmes. In creating such programmes, we:
- Recognise that up to 70 per cent of learning occurs in the actual workplace as opposed to on training courses. As such, we combine action learning projects (in which leaders tackle real organisational issues) with training workshops, one-to-one coaching, peer coaching, feedback from leading-edge psychometric tests, and other tools to deliver performance improvement.
- Put together challenging workshops that are delivered by a combination of Talentspace consultants, external experts (e.g. business school experts in finance) and internal champions (e.g. executives with particular skills or knowledge to impart).
- Consider each individual organisation’s needs and budget. For example, we can deliver a series of short, focused half-day workshops if time and budgets are tight versus an in-depth programme of multi-day workshops for the greatest impact.
- Work in conjunction with HR and the senior leadership of the organisation to set participants a real-world business project that they must deliver alongside of the leadership programme. In this way, we ensure that participants get to apply newly-learned skills.
“We approached Talentspace to design and deliver sessions for our senior grade promotion workshops, focused on ‘thinking on your feet’. Our people received practical techniques they could take away and apply.” – Garcia Williamson, Head of Talent and Learning and Development, KPMG.
We are also sometimes also asked to deliver specific training workshops.
Rather than basing our training methodologies on what we believe might work, we base all of our training on proven techniques that have been researched and tested by top universities and business schools.
Our consultants are as comfortable running a focused 90-minute workshop for a half-dozen individuals as running a day-long seminar for several hundred delegates.
We have run training and development workshops on topics including:
- Story-telling in business development for winning over clients
- Interviewing skills
- Killer presentations: The art of charismatic, confident, persuasive public speaking
- Effective networking for strategic advantage
Unlike training providers who have lists of courses that they like to run, we develop training workshops and seminars that are specifically tailored to the needs of your organisation.
“We have worked with Talentspace for a number of years on a range of personal development workshops and individual coaching and mentoring sessions. Talentspace employs scientifically proven, evidence-based techniques which were delivered in an engaging, effective and thought-provoking way.” – Debbie Feather, Head of Administration, The Sainsbury Laboratory.